Monday, June 28, 2010

Crocheted Crafts


I have been meaning to post some pictures of some of my crochet projects. I designed this Christmas Stocking pattern while we were stationed in Missoula, Montana back in 1996. I have made these with everything from crochet thread (about seven inches) to three strands of yarn (about four feet).
I made this set for my Mom and the doggies. Smaller set is single strand yarn. Bigger set is double strand yarn. I think my all time favorite set is the set I made for a friend several years ago for Christmas. Julie always decorated in red, white and silver. So I made her a set of four red and the toe, heal & ruffle was in white. On the little ruffle part of the lace I crocheted in little silver beads and the kids I crocheted in little bells. I never got a picture of it but they were my favorite!! And then I got little heart shaped dog tags and had thier names on them. Mom and Dad with the year of thier wedding and the kids had thier names on them and the year they were born.
This set is made of thread. The little black one I tucked little bone buttons in it for Angel
This is not them but one year for Christmas all Mom wanted was mini stockings. I made 12 of them. They all had white ruffles and then I made lights and darks...dark blue & light blue, rose & red, light light sage & dark sage, Hmmm...I don't remember all the colors but you get the picture. They looked so cute hanging all over the tree. Maybe this year I will have to take a picture of them all over the tree. When I crochet baby blankets if I have extra yarn I always make them a little stocking to match. I made 25 in one year so I could crochet them in my sleep!!!

No comments: